Bahasa Inggris Hukum_Tugas 1
LEGAL ENGLISH TASK
Saturday, January, 19th 2007
A. Answer the questions below based on “The Aceh qonun about the operational Islamic Syariah” article!
- What is the purpose of central government to give special right to other province?
- What does the special right allow the Aceh province to do?
- What did law number 44 of the year of 1999 rule about?
- What is the condition of the granting of special right?
- What are the considerations of the granting of special right?
B. Answer the questions below based on page 228 up to 231 of Ahkam Journal Vol. 9 No. 2!
- How close is Tangerang municipality from the Jakarta?
- Do the Tangerang By-laws explicitly talk about syariah?
- Which by-laws concern with women behavior?
- Which places are suspected as prostitution places?
- Which public services must be closed during Ramadhan?
- Which by-laws deal school children?
- What do the skeptics say about Aceh by-laws?
- Who says that the syariah by-laws are only symbolic?
- Where does Setiasih work?
- Do the employees of Jali-jali discotheque get salary during the Ramadhan closure?
- What makes Ayu Widiasih worried?
PAPER OF ANSWERS
- The purpose of central government to give special right to other province is to settle the problem of dissatisfaction of the majority of people of Aceh which led to rebellion and separatism.
- The special right allowed to the Aceh province is to implement syariah laws in the Aceh local judicial system.
- The law number 44 of the year of 1999 ruled about the implementation of the specialty of Aceh Province.
- The condition of the granting of special right is within the frame of the unified state of the Republic of Indonesia.
- The considerations of the granting of special right are :
- The long history of the struggle of Aceh people has proved that there have been strong endurance and fighting spirit resulted from religious life firmly established custom and well rooted Islamic culture in facing the colonial power.
- The specialty status is granted as an acknowledgement of the people of Indonesia to a particular because of the struggle and the basic values held high by people of the region which have been maintained from generation to generation as a spiritual, moral and humanity foundation.
- The Tangerang municipality is share the border with Jakarta capital city
- No, the Tangerang By-laws is not explicitly talk about syariah.
- The by-law that concerns with women behavior is regulation which discourages young women to hang about in public places late in the evening.
- The places are suspected as prostitution places are the coffee shop and massage parlors.
- The public service that must be closed during Ramadhan is entertainment center.
- The by-law that deals school children is the regulation of uniform and dressed of school boys and girls to closely confirm the Islamic rules.
- The skeptics say that Aceh’s Syariah By-laws are hurting the needy and protecting the wicked.
- The person that says that the syariah by-laws are only symbolic is artist Azahari.
- Setiasih works at Taman Wisata Permata Buana karoeke lounge on Jl. Raya Cinangka, Ciputat.
- Yes, the employees of Jali-jali discotheque get salary despite the Ramadhan closure.
- Ayu Widiasih worries if she cannot support her family during the temporary her massage parlor closure.